1. New data point in risk management report
For any unsold amount of your commodity, we show you the price you need to sell your remaining amount at in order to achieve your target price
2. Fees field and buyer management in cash sales
In the cash sales area, now you can track any fees such as moisture dock and other fees that show up on your sale contract. We added the ability to edit and delete buyers you no longer do business with.
3. Splitting trades on brokerage auto import
For those of you who utilize the brokerage auto import, we built the function to be able to split one trade transaction among different clients or among different profiles within the same client. For example, if you bought 20 Dec15 corn contracts in one transaction, and these 20 contracts belong to 4 different clients, you have the ability to split and assign these contracts accordingly when the transaction comes into GrainBridge. Or if you want to assign some trades to “Corn 1” profile and others to “Corn 2” profile, you can also do that.
4. Track livestock death loss by percent or head count
We added the ability to track death loss in your livestock profiles by percent or by head count.
5. Use Sep to calculate Wheat (MGEX) new crop price
When calculating the price of the unsold on new crop, now we are using the September price for the default month instead of the July price.
6. Back-end small fixes and performance improvements
We’ve fixed a number of small bugs and upgraded to new hardware to improve security and performance of the application.
We build and prioritize items based on your feedback. Please keep it coming!
1. Linked Accounts
Administrators can now create multiple client accounts under the same user email. Clients with multiple accounts will have the ability to switch between accounts from a simple dropdown menu without the need to logout and log back in. Links can be created between multiple existing accounts and also by linking a new account to an existing one.
To link existing client accounts you have, simply go into each of the client accounts you want to link together and assign the same email address to that client. (Click to see the full GB Help article on setting up linked accounts)
2. Import “Fees” column for brokerage trades
Brokerage clients utilizing automatic imports from ADM and RJO now have the option to also auto-import the fees associated with each trade.
3. Livestock Brokerage Imports
Trades on feeder cattle, live cattle, lean hogs and milk are now available for brokerage clients using automatic import.
4. New View for Basis on Unsold
When you click on Basis for your Unsold commodities in the Cash Sales screen, you will notice some changes. The bubble that pops up from Basis now allows you to see exactly which futures month your prices are being pulled from and what the current value of your unsold commodities are based on that futures price less the basis you set.
5. Order of profile view
There is now the option to organize profile order on the Profiles page. The order you set will reflect in all the views throughout the application. For example, if you arrange your profiles in the order of Corn, Soybeans, Wheat, then they will appear in that order in Profiles, Cash Sales, Brokerage, and Reports.
Additionally, a number of security updates were applied and minor flow changes made to improve navigation through the platform.
The 4.0 update to GrainBridge contains exciting new features that our team is very pleased to unveil. The changes for this version of GrainBridge were focused around expanding livestock management and enhancing both crop and livestock planning tools, as well as further integrating crops and livestock for those producers who manage both.
Integrated Crop and Livestock Management
One of the first changes that will be seen when logging into GB 4.0 is that there are no longer separate tabs for managing crops and livestock; these are now both found under the “Risk Management” tab.
Throughout the program, you will find crops and livestock are now managed side-by-side. This is extremely beneficial for operations that raise both crops and livestock, as the breakeven calculations now truly account for all aspects of the business in one location. On the Summary page, you can get an accurate glance at total revenues and how above or below target you are on all commodities.
You can toggle between Livestock and Crop summary graphs to get a more detailed account of target vs current values.
Crop and Livestock profiles as well as cash sales also now share screens.
New Cow/Calf and Dairy Management Modules
The most dramatic expansion of the GrainBridge platform is within the Livestock component, to which we added functions for effectively managing cow/calf and dairy operations.
These new livestock profile types come into the program alongside our new “expenses per head” section, which is found under the Plan alongside per acre and gross expenses.
Enhanced Per Acre and Gross Expense ManagementAlong with developing this advanced calculator for “per head expenses” for livestock, our team also revamped the per acre and gross expense sections. Expenses for different profiles are now side-by-side in the Plan, and your breakeven prices are updated on the fly as data is added and edited.
Gross expenses and Income amounts can now be allocated in percentage amounts to particular profiles to establish even more precise breakevens on certain fields or particular commodities.
Custom expenses can now be placed under a particular expense category, allowing further detail and organization when planning and tracking expenses throughout the year.
The updated look for these Plan screens (for all expenses and incomes) also include more graphs for those who plan best when data can be visualized. Clicking the pie-chart icon next to any expense will show that expenses overall allocations across the operation.
As always, we love to hear feedback on our program, especially when we bring in new features. As you explore these changes and new tools, never hesitate to get in touch with comments and ideas- either by commenting on the blog or through contacting our Support Team!
Welcome to GrainBridge 4.0.
New FeaturesThis release was largely focused on improving functionality within the cash sales section of the application. We introduced the ability to establish cash on portions of Basis, HTA and NPE contracts. We also added the ability to attach brokerage positions to cash sales allowing users to view the overall value with both positions combined, all on one screen. In addition, a simple delivery tracking feature was added to manage bushels delivered on a cash sale. The last major enhancement is advanced filtering options within the cash dashboard. These changes and other additions are listed and detailed below.
- Clean and simple “Add cash sale” screen. The screen for adding a cash sale is now more streamlined. At the bottom of the screen, you will see “Show more options.” This link is where you can expand the view to find and add the Sale Date, Ref ID & notes.
- Improved cash sale view mode to reflect the idea of a “cash contract.”
- NEW: Ability to set partial cash on a portion of a Basis, HTA or NPE contract. Previously, offsetting basis and HTA contracts had to be achieved by editing the original Basis or HTA contract and creating a new cash contract. For example, if you had 15,000 bushels of corn on a basis contract and then wanted to put 5,000 on a cash contract, you would have to edit the basis contract and remove 5,000 bushels and then add a new cash contract to put them in.With this release, partial cash can be set on these contracts to better reflect and track your positions. Your cash summary will reflect these changes as they are made; the original contract amount will be shown, but with these changes attached.
- NEW: Attach brokerage positions to cash sales. Brokerage positions can be attached to open positions or closed positions. NOTE- when a position is offset or closed the link or attachment to a cash position is removed because a new position has been created (closed position). You may want to wait to attach the positions once they have been closed.
- NEW: Track delivery on cash transactions. You now have the ability to track delivered amounts in the cash section. This feature can be accessed via the “View” link on the right side of a cash sale. This process will show delivered amounts, dates, and how much is yet to be delivered.
- NEW: cash sale filters. In addition to the standard filter in the cash list, there is now an advanced filter. This filter allows sorting by one or multiple criteria.
- NEW: “Print sale” option to print the cash sale.
- Risk Management Report Summary Totals. The risk management report provides a new column with a weighted average for each cash transaction type.
- Improved functionality with copying per acre expenses in the Plan section. You are now able to copy per acre expenses from all profiles with the same base commodity. Previously, you could copy expenses from a crop type and year, but not the per acre expenses of an individual profile. With this update, you can choose a particular profile to copy the expenses from. This new functionality is particularly helpful for those managing field-by-field.
- NEW: Organization for the Futures and Options: Futures and Options can now be grouped by “Month”. Notice that Futures and Options are now listed under the “Brokerage” tab on the Dashboard.
- Auto-Import of short-dated options: The auto-import process of short-dated options is currently being integrated by specific firms on request. If interested please contact email@example.com for further details.
Listed below are the dates, times, and registration links for all Producer webinars that we will be hosting throughout June and July.
June Webinar Sessions
- Tuesday, June 17, 8 AM CST https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/732484034
- Thursday, June 19, 1 PM CST https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/556144162
- Tuesday, June 24, 8 AM CST https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/741512322
- Thursday, June 26, 1 PM CST https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/852967906
July Webinar Sessions
- Tuesday, July 1, 8 AM CST https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/914616122
- Thursday, July 3, 1 PM CST https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/939231786
- Tuesday, July 8, 8 AM CST https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/345760658
- Thursday, July 10, 1 PM CST https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/680996178
- Tuesday, July 15, 8 AM CST https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/800398578
- Thursday, July 17, 1 PM CST https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/850961778
- Tuesday, July 22, 8 AM CST https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/928303618
- Thursday, July 24, 1 PM CST https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/955788874
2. What-If Analysis for Targets One of the most frequently used and exciting tools from GrainBridge is the What-If Analyzer. You can now run analyses on Targets, in addition to Board Prices, Yield, Insurance, and Basis Prices. This analysis allows a producer to see how lowering or raising their target prices will impact their profitability and alter the rest of their operation. To learn more about setting your target prices in GrainBridge, click here.
- GrainBridge Offer Management – Our new offer management system is automated to provide the merchandisers with a simple, safe and secure place to manage customer offers across the desk or the internet. GrainBridge Offer Management provides the convenience of tracking multiple offers with ability to filter by crop, transaction type, delivery, closest to reach and more. Offers automatically light up when reached and the buyer has final decision in accepting or denying offers.
- FCStone Automatic Brokerage Importing – For those utilizing our brokerage import tools, we have already been offering ADM Investor Services, LIN Group, RCG, RJ O’Brien, and Vision. GrainBridge is pleased to announce that FCStone has now joined our growing group of brokerage clearing firms.
- Short Dated Options – By popular request from the brokerage firms that GrainBridge imports from, we added the ability to enter short-dated option trades. Short-dated options are available for the major crops- corn, wheat, and soybeans.
- Scheduled Report Delivery – Administrators now have the ability to schedule reports to be sent to their clients and/or to themselves. In the previous version of GrainBridge, admins could push out reports to clients, but each report had to be pushed individually. Administrators may now schedule report deliveries to any selection of clients or groups, and pre-set delivery times for a one-time delivery, or for daily, weekly, or monthly reports. This versatility in automatic reporting can provide greater engagement between admins and their clients with a lesser time commitment for setting up and sending reports.
- Improved Risk Management Reporting – Not only does this new release allow for scheduled report delivery, the reports themselves are even sleeker and more comprehensive than before to give the best picture of an operation’s positions and profitability.
- “Delivered” Flag and Date Settings for Cash Sales – The cash sales section now not only includes your delivery date, but you may also mark a sale once it has actually been delivered. Tracking if your commodity has been delivered and the exact date of delivery is a great tool for better management and record keeping of your cash sales.
- “Basis Set Date” Option– For cash transactions where you enter a basis value, you may now add a “basis set date” to track when you set which basis.
- 2014 New Insurance Products – With the new Farm Bill, crop insurance has underwent several changes. This new release of GrainBridge accounts for these changes with the new insurance types. Our application now includes RP, RP (HPE), YP, ARP (HRE), ARP, AYP, and APH policies. We have also updated the March guaranteed rates, which can be found in your Insurance section.
- Improved Usability on Tablets and Mobile Devices – This updated version of GrainBridge has increased its capacity to recognize and adjust to a wider variety of screen sizes on your mobile phone and tablet. GrainBridge will automatically accommodate any screen size and is fully functional on both Apple or Android devices. All tabs and features that are available when using the system online are available via dropdown menus on mobile devices.
- New Support Portal – GrainBridge is excited to provide our valued users with a newly-created online Support Portal. This Support portal allows users to find answers on an array of topics ranging from basic set up to complex individual questions that can be found in each topic sections FAQs. Our support portal is fully searchable, allowing users to type in questions or keywords, or you may simply browse through the articles for new information. If you have a specific question, we encourage you to ask it via our portal. When asking a question via the portal, our support team and other GrainBridge clients are able to reply to your question publicly, making the answer instantly available to all. This portal may be accessed through the Help Center under the Help tab in the application or at help.grainbridge.com .
- What-If Analyzer – Create what-if analysis adjusting yield, price, basis and insurance levels to determine worst case/ best case opportunities.
- Understand your risk exposer when yields and markets are volatile.
- Realize estimated value on your unsold grain, futures, options and how it affects your bottom line.
- Determine estimated “indemnity payment” on current crop insurance program.
- Offer Management Tools – Manage all offers from one secure site. Track offers in house with option to allow clients to send offers via the internet system. NO Transaction fees.